HACIENDA SAC-NICTÉ – SPECTACULARLY RESTORED BOUTIQUE HOTEL NEAR IZAMAL (YPS-02-0037)
- Updated On:
- August 14, 2022
- 10 Bedrooms
- 11 Bathrooms
- 320,000 m2 Lot
- 1,100 m2 Area Size
Convince yourself of the irresistible charm of this hacienda, which has been lavishly restored with great attention to detail. With its exotic Mexican-style furniture, contemporary paintings, chandeliers, and much more, it transports the elegant, colonial lifestyle of the haciendas of the 19th century into modern times.
The beautiful Hacienda Sac-Nicté is an idyllic, dignified place full of tradition and history. Built in 1811 by José Santiago Contreras, its owners, and purpose of use changed several times over the years. After an extensive restoration by the current owners in 2009, the Hacienda now houses an elegant boutique hotel with ten extravagantly designed guest rooms.
The lavishly restored building complex includes ten guest rooms, each with its own bathroom, two additional bathrooms, a large living room, a dining room, a cozy bar, and a fully equipped kitchen. Also restored, and a particularly nice place to linger is the ancient chapel, which is also used as a large dining room or event venue.
Definitely, a real eye-catcher is the large terrace, whose high beamed ceiling is supported by a filigree column construction. From here you have a beautiful view over the front garden with the large Moorish-style pool, the impressive palm avenue, and the guest houses. Directly in the entrance area, there is also a restored house for the hotel staff.
In addition to the fully restored buildings, the former Henequen production facility still exists. This facility is, incl. the approx. 30-meter-high chimney, still predominantly in its original condition. The current owners have already worked out a great restoration project for this area as well. It provides for ten additional guest rooms and can be made available upon purchase.
With 32 ha (79 acres) of land, the total area of the property is very large for a boutique hotel and offers enough space for further applications. As part of an extended eco and family tourism concept, a horse ranch with its own riding school would be just as conceivable as an organic plantation with various fruit trees, etc. In this context, it should be mentioned that the hacienda already has a large number of mature fruit trees such as mango, avocado, Banana, lemon trees, and many more. A total of six wells with pumps, some of which are driven by weathervanes, supply the entire area with water.
All restored buildings as well as the former Henequen production facility and the stock of fruit trees are located within a 6 ha (14.8 acres) area, which is delimited by a surrounding natural stone wall. This inner area of the hacienda has three separate septic tanks and offers parking for more than fifty vehicles. All electricity, plumbing, and gas lines were completely renewed as part of the last restoration.
Total Sales Price | 2,500,000 USD (The sales price in MXN is subject to exchange rate changes!)
Year of construction｜19th century
Year of latest renovation｜2009
- EXTENSIVELY RESTORED HISTORICAL HACIENDA
- SUCCESSFUL BOUTIQUE HOTEL
- FULLY FURNISHED AND EQUIPPED
- 32 HA OF LAND
- FURTHER RESTORATION PROJECT IN PLACE
- GREAT LOCATION NOT FAR FROM IZAMAL
HOUSE AND LOT
HISTORIC MAIN BUILDING
- 4 bedrooms with en-suite bathroom
- Large living room
- Dining room
- Historic chapel / large dining room
- Large pillar terrace with high beamed ceiling
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Laundry room
- Engine room
- Historic guest house with three bedrooms, each with an en-suite bathroom
- Modern guesthouse with three bedrooms, each with an en-suite bathroom
- Romantic meeting place/place of silence
- Employee house
- Historic henequen production facility (restoration project)
- Large garden with tropical plants and palm trees
- Large, filtered, Moorish-style pool
- Sun deck with loungers, tables, and umbrellas
- Impressive avenue of palm trees
- Stone pyramid in the garden
- Over 50 parking spaces are available
- Large areas available for events
- 6 ha (14.8 acres) inner area with surrounding natural stone wall
- 28 hectares (69 acres) further space
- Very well-developed access road
- Fully restored hacienda
- Original “pasta” tiles
- High beam ceilings
- Filigree column terrace
- Unique design and decoration for each guest room
- Reclaimed hardwood doors and windows
- Historical farm elements have been integrated into the design
- Shapely pool in the Moorish style
- Elaborately worked entrance gate and fence
- Fully furnished and equipped
- Elaborate, unique decoration
- Pizza stone oven in the garden
- Air conditioning throughout the property
- Ceiling fans
- Several hot water boilers
- Washer and dryer combined
- Stationary gas tanks
- Water tanks
- 6 wells with pumps
- Irrigation system
- Internet via radio
The impressive Hacienda Sac-Nicté has located about 5 km (3.1 mi) north of downtown Izamal on a well-maintained interurban road. Izamal itself is a historically significant small town right in the heart of the state of Yucatan. The history of the city dates back to the time of the high civilization of the Maya, of which numerous pyramid-like buildings still testify today. These, in combination with the beautiful colonial buildings from the time of the Spanish conquerors, give the city a unique flair. The efforts of the municipality to preserve its architectural and cultural heritage were rightly recognized by the Mexican Secretariat for Tourism with the Pueblo Mágico award. The monastery of San Antonio de Padua and the pyramid Kinich Kak Moo are among the most important buildings in Izamal. Together with the gently yellow facades of the city, which have been completely restored, they are an absolute crowd-puller and should not be missing in any travel guide today.
With the completion of the “Tren Maya”, the most important infrastructure project in southern Mexico, which is already under construction, Izamal and thus the location of the hacienda will continue to gain immense importance. The course of the railway line, which in the future will connect many great historical sites, cities, and tourist hotspots on the Yucatan peninsula, leads directly through Izamal. But that’s not all, the yellow city is getting its own architecturally appealing train station. If Izamal is already one of the absolute tourist highlights of the Yucatan, together with Chichen Itza and Uxmal, a further sharp increase in the number of visitors and the number of overnight stays can be expected with the opening of the train station.
- Izamal Center｜5 km (3.1 mi)｜5 min
- Dzilam de Bravo (beach)｜50 km (31 mi)｜50 min
- Mérida Center｜73 km (45 mi)｜60 min
- Mérida Int. Airport｜90 km (56 mi)｜1:15 hrs
- Maya Ruins of Chichen Itza｜75 km (47 mi)｜1:15 hrs
- Cancún Int. Airport｜265 km (165 mi)｜3:00 hrs
Thank you for your interest in our listing! If you have any further questions or would like to make an appointment to view this property, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Phone/WhatsApp: +52 (999) 381 6286
VOIP worldwide: +49 (30) 6293 8046
Phone/WhatsApp: +52 (999) 242 7749
DISCLAIMER: The information which appears with each listing is provided by the owner. Yucatan Property Scouts makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information but cannot be responsible for omissions or errors. Prices and exchange rates are subject to change.
Languages | English, German
Phone | +52 (999) 381 6286
Email | email@example.com
Languages | Spanish, English, German
Phone | +52 (999) 242 7749
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org