SUCCESSFUL, ESTABLISHED BED & BREAKFAST IN MÉRIDA’S HISTORIC CENTER (YPS-02-0012)
- Updated On:
- August 14, 2022
- 9 Bedrooms
- 9 Bathrooms
- 772 m2 Lot
- 616 m2 Area Size
The property offered here is both a top property in an attractive location as well as a profitable, established business model with a high ROI. Casa del Maya has been one of Mérida’s most successful top B & Bs for years. Constantly high visitor numbers with annual growth rates speak for its good reputation and illustrate the financial success of the concept. The numerous prices and awards from well-known tour operators and customer satisfaction portals, which are awarded annually anew, are a top indicator for high customer satisfaction.
In its current constellation, Casa del Maya offers six beautifully decorated rooms, each with an en-suite bathroom and separate washing and dressing area. The rooms are spread over three individual buildings, which have been aesthetically integrated into the beautiful tropical garden. On the first floor of the main building, there is also a fully enclosed owner’s apartment, consisting of a spacious living room with a kitchenette, a bedroom with a private bathroom, and two large roof terraces. The owner’s apartment offers further business potential! It is fully equipped but has so far been only used privately by the owner and not rented out.
For guests who like something a little more exclusive, there is also a completely self-sufficient guest house with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a private garden with a pool, a fully equipped kitchen, and a large living room. All rooms on the ground floor provide high ceilings. Large skylights flood the kitchen and bathroom on the ground floor with daylight.
An equally spacious living room with high ceilings serves as the entrance and common area in the main building. It is bordered by the colorful, fully equipped kitchen and a hallway that leads directly into the green tropical garden with the hotel rooms.
With its numerous palm trees and tropical plants, the well-tended garden is just as much a highlight as the entire hotel complex itself. Different areas of the garden invite you to different activities. There is a large common area with a palapa roof where breakfast is served, among other things. A relaxation area with a beautiful mural and a pavilion with comfortable loungers invite you to relax. A bath in the large filtered pool with a fountain provides cooling. Incidentally, the two rooms with a direct view of the pool area are always particularly popular with guests.
In the back of the hotel complex is the spacious service area, which is not accessible to guests. Here, the staff takes care of the hotel’s laundry, among other things. The laundry is not outsourced to prevent possible damage to the high-quality sheets, towels, etc.
The entire property will be sold fully furnished and equipped. The aim is to enable the purchaser to have a seamless business transition. The price therefore explicitly includes the existing booking system, the professional website as well as all existing connections to booking portals, recipes, shopping lists, etc. The company of the current owner is also sold.
Further information on the equipment of this great property can be found in the following FACTS section. Please contact us personally for information on business development.
Year of latest renovation｜2016
- PROFITABLE, VERY WELL-ESTABLISHED BUSINESS MODEL!
- GREAT NEIGHBORHOOD
- FULLY FURNISHED AND EQUIPPED
- COMPANY IN PLACE
- GREAT ARCHITECTURE AND FUNCTIONAL ROOM LAYOUT
- FANTASTIC TROPICAL GARDEN
HOUSE AND LOT
- Receiver / Livingroom
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Hallway / Breakfast area
- Owners apartment / Extra suite upstairs with
- Living room with kitchenette
- Outdoor shower
- 2 roof terraces
- 6 tastefully designed bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- Fantastic tropical garden
- Big filtered Pool with fountain
- Large open dining area with palapa roof
- Pavilion with palapa roof
- Relaxation area with fantastic mural painting
- Service-/Laundry area with storage room
- Half bathroom
- Fully equipped open kitchen with a breakfast area
- Master bedroom upstairs with en-suite bathroom, balcony and roof terrace
- Regular bedroom downstairs
- Complete bathroom downstairs
- Garden with outdoor shower
- 2 covered terraces
- Filtered pool with fountain
- Service-/Laundry room
- Machinery room
- Colorful colonial façade
- Beautiful pasta tiles
- Partly high ceilings
- Very functional room layout
- Common area
- Hotel area
- Owners apartment/Extra Suite (business potential!)
- Separate guest house
- Huge tropical garden
- Separate service area
- Covered terrace with tasteful arches and columns (guest house)
- Elegant iron spiral staircases
- Double windows for noise protection
- Partly sealed skylights for indirect daylight
- Completely furnished and equipped
- Air-conditioners all over the estate
- Ceiling fans
- Powerful solar system (24 panels)
- Several gas water heaters
- Sand filter
- Water softener
- Hydropneumatic water pressure system
- Washer and dryer combination
- Stationary gas tank
- City water
- Water tank
- Complete pool equipment
- High-speed internet
- Satellite dish with Sky television
- Profitable, very well-established business model!
- Business wins numerous rewards every year!
- Further business potential by renting the owners apartment
- Staff: 4 people
- Computer with booking system (included)
- Professional website (included)
- Existing connections to booking portals (included)
- Recipes (included)
- Grocery shopping lists (included)
- Company in place (comes with the property)
- Further business key figures on demand
A lively artist scene, boutiques, colorful shops, cozy cafes, and great restaurants, are the things that are directly associated with the beautiful Santa Ana district around its market with the gorgeous church from the 16th century. The irresistible flair of this neighborhood attracts many visitors every year and awakens the desire of numerous ex-pats to settle in this part of Mérida’s historic old town.
It’s the perfect place to enjoy breakfast in the morning, do some shopping during the day, and plunge into the vibrant nightlife after sunset. From a geographic point of view, Parque Santa Ana is just a stone’s throw away from Mérida’s Plaza Grande with the gran cathedral or Parque Santa Lucia, where fine restaurants open their doors to tourists and locals every evening. Not to forget Mérida’s famous Paseo Montejo boulevard with its beautiful old mansions, which is also just around the corner.
From the perspective of the real estate industry, Santa Ana, as well as Barrio de Santiago or Santa Lucia, is by far one of the most sought-after, colorful, and best-restored neighborhoods. Many ex-pats have settled here and have lovingly renovated the typical colonial houses.
- Parque Santa Ana｜450 m (0.3 mi)｜6 min
- Merida English Library (MEL)｜450 m (0.3 mi)｜6 min
- Paseo de Montejo｜650 m (0.4 mi)｜9 min
- Parque Santa Lucía｜850 m (0.5 mi)｜10 min
- Parque Santiago｜900 m (0.6 mi)｜11 min
- Teatro José Peón｜1,100 m (0.9 mi)｜14 min
- Plaza Grande｜1,200 m (0.8 mi)｜15 min
Thank you for your interest in our listing! If you have any further questions or would like to make an appointment to view this property, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Phone/WhatsApp: +52 (999) 381 6286
VOIP worldwide: +49 (30) 6293 8046
Phone/WhatsApp: +52 (999) 242 7749
DISCLAIMER: The information which appears with each listing is provided by the owner. Yucatan Property Scouts makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information but cannot be responsible for omissions or errors. Prices and exchange rates are subject to change.
Languages | English, German
Phone | +52 (999) 381 6286
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org
Languages | Spanish, English, German
Phone | +52 (999) 242 7749
Email | email@example.com