OUTSTANDING COLONIAL ESTATE IN TOP LOCATION IN MÉRIDA, BARRIO DE SANTIAGO (YPS-02-0011)
- Updated On:
- August 14, 2022
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 481 m2 Lot
- 352 m2 Area Size
Mérida’s historic colonial buildings proudly display their magnificent facades. They often hide true masterpieces of architecture and design behind them. Like the wonderful facade of the house offered here. Built in the 1900th century near the Plaza Grande with its impressive cathedral in the neighborhood of Santiago, this building has not only survived the past years excellently since its complete restoration in 2014 it also shines in a completely new, colonial-modern splendor.
The restoration was carried out by the well-known architect Salvador Reyes Rios and his team, whose work primarily stands for outstanding design and the highest quality. In this house, Reyes also combines Mérida’s colonial architecture with modern design as well as functionality with quality in a truly impressive way.
The older colonial part of the entire building retained its classic floor plan as part of the restoration. To the right is the entrance and passage area, from which various rooms branch off on the left. In our case, we talk about a living room, a library, which can also be used as a bedroom, two bedrooms, and two lovingly designed bathrooms.
Passing directly through the entrance hall, one enters a common area, which in turn leads to the first of two inner gardens. With its small pond and beautiful wooden walkway, it is one of the many cozy spots of tranquility of this property. The door in the rear area leads to another common area, which marks the transition to the new building complex.
This modern area includes a really impressive, fully equipped open kitchen and the second spacious living and dining room. Large, wide-opening windows allow plenty of natural light into this area. While the windows in the kitchen offer great views of the second inner garden with its tree and turtle pond, the view falls through the big living room windows on the green garden with its numerous tropical plants and palm trees. This area also belongs to the modern part of the property, as it contains a large pool with the latest filter technology, a beautiful sun terrace with a bamboo roof, and a modern casita with another bedroom, a bathroom, and a machinery room.
An elegant staircase leads from the garden to the roof terrace, which surprises with another special feature, a real lookout tower. From there you not only have a wonderful view over Mérida’s beautiful historic center, but you also sit in the front row when classical concerts are held at irregular intervals on the neighboring property in the back. Simply fascinating!
From the tower, you also get a good view of the extensive technical installation of the house. The power generator and two large gas tanks are located in the front area. The middle section houses the powerful solar system as well as a large water tank and several gas water heaters. Already, at first sight, it is noticeable how clean all technical installations have been installed and in what excellent maintenance condition they are. Everything is easily accessible and intelligently designed. Likewise, recognizable are the sealed light shafts running to the right and left side on the roof of the house. They distribute daylight indirectly in both the modern and colonial parts of the house. Colonial, in this case, means not only high ceilings and beautiful tiles. The attributes bright, air-conditioned, dry, and above all calm are also added here. The massive double windows facing the street ensure tranquility. These formally seal the interior and thus keep the traffic noise of the street almost completely outside.
You can find more information on the entire equipment of the property in the following FACTS section. For information on other impressive projects by architect Salvador Reyes Rios and his team, please follow the link: http://www.reyesrioslarrain.com/
Year of construction｜19th century
Year of latest renovation｜2014
- FANTASTIC LOCATION
- GREAT ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN by Salvador Reyes Ríos
- FULLY FURNISHED (except art)
- HIGH-QUALITY EQUIPMENT
- ENERGY SELF-SUFFICIENT (solar system/generator)
- GREEN GARDEN WITH BIG POOL
HOUSE AND LOT
- 2 common areas
- Living room colonial style
- Library (office or bedroom)
- 2 bedrooms in the main house
- 1 independent bedroom in the casita
- 4 bathrooms
- Open, fully equipped chef kitchen
- Modern spacious combined living and dining room
- 2 green inner gardens (with turtle pond, plants, …)
- Garden with tropical plants and palm trees
- Big filtered pool
- Sun deck with a bamboo roof
- Large roof terrace with plants and sun canopy
- Lookout tower with gorgeous views over the city
- Machinery and storage room
- Laundry room
- Parking lots are available for rent near the house!
- Gorgeous colonial façade
- Great colorful pasta tiles
- High beamed ceilings all over the house
- High-quality hardwood doors and windows
- High-quality furniture, specially designed for the house
- Double windows for noise protection
- Sealed skylights for indirect daylight in every room
- Lots of light and good airflow
- Air-conditioners all over the house
- Ceiling fans
- Whole-home generator with a huge gas tank (last for two weeks)
- Powerful solar system (24 panels)
- Several gas water heaters
- Sand filter
- Water softener
- Hydropneumatic water pressure system
- UV water filter (water drinkable)
- Washer and dryer combination
- Stationary gas tank
- City water
- Cistern + water tank on the roof
- Complete pool equipment
- High-speed internet
- Satellite dish with Sky television
Considered one of the oldest neighborhoods of Merida, Barrio de Santiago has a lot of history dating back nearly 400 years. It is by far one of the most demanded, colorful, and well-restored neighborhoods. Many Americans and Canadians reside here and have renovated colonial-style homes.
A great number of Mérida’s main tourist attractions like theaters, galleries, museums, as well as lots of fine restaurants and famous parks like Parque Santiago, Parque Santa Lucia, or Plaza Grande with the main cathedral are within walking distance. So is the meanwhile famous Mérida English Library (MEL), a popular meeting place for many English-speaking visitors and residents.
The combination out of its fantastic location, great colonial architecture, and wide range of cultural and leisure activities makes Santiago absolutely unique and a great place to live!
- Parque Santiago｜50 m (165 ft)｜1 min.
- Mérida English Library (MEL)｜550 m (0.34 mi)｜7 min.
- Plaza Grande｜650 m (0.4 mi)｜8 min.
- Teatro José Peón｜750 m (0.47 mi)｜10 min.
- Parque Santa Lucía｜850 m (0.53 mi)｜10 min.
- Parque Santa Ana｜3 KM (0.81 mi)｜17 min.
Thank you for your interest in our listing! If you have any further questions or would like to make an appointment to view this property, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Phone/WhatsApp: +52 (999) 381 6286
VOIP worldwide: +49 (30) 6293 8046
Phone/WhatsApp: +52 (999) 242 7749
DISCLAIMER: The information which appears with each listing is provided by the owner. Yucatan Property Scouts makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information but cannot be responsible for omissions or errors. Prices and exchange rates are subject to change.
Languages | English, German
Phone | +52 (999) 381 6286
Email | email@example.com
Languages | Spanish, English, German
Phone | +52 (999) 242 7749
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org