- Updated On:
- April 30, 2022
- 12 Bedrooms
- 16 Bathrooms
- 1,400 m2
- Year Built: 2010
Since its establishment in 2010, the Hacienda Hotel Santo Domingo has been one of the most popular hotels in Izamal, the first town ever in Mexico to be awarded the well-deserved title of “Pueblo Mágico” by the Mexican Secretariat of Tourism. For years, it has topped the list of positive reviews on Tripadvisor with its twelve individually designed guest rooms.
However, the hotel is not only the first choice from the point of view of its visitors, but the entire property is also an attractive as well as a lucrative proposition from an investor’s perspective. Built on the site of a former Henequen Hacienda, close to the historic center of Izamal, the hotel is the perfect port of call for travelers seeking rest and relaxation on the one hand, and on the other, to explore and experience the mystical sites of the Maya as well as magnificent colonial architecture from the times of the conquest, splendidly restored haciendas and natural phenomena, some of which are unique in the world, such as the region’s cenotes. The ideal location of the property will be further enhanced with the completion of the Tren Maya, the most important infrastructure project in southern Mexico, which is already under construction. With the opening of the architecturally appealing train station in Izamal, which is firmly anchored in the project, a further sharp increase in the number of visitors and the number of overnight stays in the area can be expected.
In addition to the twelve individually designed guest rooms, each with its own bathroom, all facilities for the successful operation of the hotel business can be found on the approximately 2.8 ha (6.9 acres) of hotel premises. Thus, there is a professional kitchen with a cooking island and large pantry, an outdoor BBQ kitchen, a restaurant area, an inviting roof terrace, additional bathrooms, a workshop, and a housekeeping area.
A special highlight is the invitingly designed recreational area with a large pool, sundeck with loungers, a cozy bar, and even a Mayan Spa where tense visitors can enjoy a traditional massage to soothing natural sounds. All buildings and areas are nestled in the tranquil atmosphere of the surrounding idyllic, natural garden with tropical plants and palm trees but also numerous different fruit trees of the region.
Accommodation for the owner is also provided. The owner occupies two rooms in the main house of the property, which can be used as additional guest rooms if desired. Of course, on the large premises, there is also a garage and ample parking for visitors. All facilities are in very good condition.
Worth mentioning at this point is also the complete and high-quality equipment of the hotel business. This also includes a powerful photovoltaic system, which significantly minimizes the external purchase of electricity from the public power grid, and thus the operating costs of the hotel operation.
In addition to the location advantage of this real estate and its extensive and high-quality equipment, the property also offers ideal conditions for the expansion of hotel operations and the implementation of new projects. Directly adjacent to the approx. 2.8 ha (6.9 acres) large hotel site is an approx. 5 ha (12.4 acres) large previously unused lot, which is included in the sale price. The total area of 7.8 ha (19.27 acres) in a quiet environment, not far from the historic center of Izamals, in combination with the existing hotel and restaurant business, opens up numerous attractive possibilities for use. Here are just a few ideas.
- Realization of a high-quality residential project with 40 individual lots
- Community Resort – Live in a community among like-minded people
- Event location with special charm
- Restaurant for special culinary delights
- Retreat for executives
- Living space for self-supporters and supporters of the “farm-to-table” concept
- An exclusive multi-generational family estate
- Second-home with generous accommodations for guests
- Professionally managed campground with open spaces, cottages, and RV sites
There are certainly numerous other possible uses. There are almost no limits to the imagination of the owners and operators of this extraordinary property.
Total Sales Price: 2,990,000 USD | The sales price in MXN is subject to exchange rate changes!
- Year of construction｜2010
- Lot | 7.8 ha (19.27 acres)
- Width x length | 293 m x 360 m (irregular)
- Construction | 1,400 m2 (15.069 ft2)
- GREAT LOCATION IN IZAMAL (PUEBLO MAGICO)
- SUCCESSFUL HOTEL BUSINESS – NO. 1 RATING IN TRIP ADVISOR
- HUGE LOT WITH AMPLE SPACE FOR NEW RESIDENTIAL PROJECTS
- EXTENSIVE HIGH-QUALITY EQUIPMENT INCLUDING SOLAR PANELS
- NEWEST AND BEST-EQUIPPED HOTEL ROOMS IN IZAMAL
HOUSE AND LOT
- Approx. 2.8 ha (6.9 acres) current hotel area
- Approx. 5 ha (12.4 acres) of additional land to expand the hotel business or to implement new projects
- 12 uniquely designed and decorated guest rooms with en-suite bathrooms (different categories, some even with a kitchen)
- 4 further bathrooms
- Bamboo Bar
- Professional restaurant kitchen with cocking island and pantry
- Outdoor BBQ kitchen
- Big pool
- Sun deck with loungers
- Roof terrace
- Mayan Spa (massage room)
- Large garden with tropical plants, palm, and fruit trees
- Sufficient parking lots
- Overland Campground
- 6 horse and further animal stables
- Laundry room
- Event area
- Property is easily accessible
- Connected to the public power grid
- Powerful photovoltaic system
- Fully furnished and equipped
- Representative electric entrance gate with security cameras
- Air conditioning throughout the property
- Ceiling fans
- Hot water boilers
- Washer and dryer
- Stationary gas tank
- Water tanks
The wonderful Hacienda Hotel Santo Domingo is located at the eastern end of the picturesque town of Izamal. The city center is only about 950 m (0.6 mi) away from the property and very easy to reach on foot. Just turn left on Calle 33 and follow the street till you reach the central park with the Convent, San Antonio.
Izamal is a historically significant town right in the heart of the state of Yucatan. The history of the city reaches far back into the time of the Mayan civilization, to which numerous pyramid-like buildings still bear witness today. These, in combination with the beautiful colonial buildings from the time of the Spanish conquistadors, give the city a unique flair. The efforts of the municipality to preserve its architectural and cultural heritage were rightly recognized by the Mexican Secretariat of Tourism with the award of Pueblo Mágico. Among the most important buildings in Izamal are the Monastery of San Antonio de Padua and the Kinich Kak Moo pyramid. Together with the continuously restored yellow facades of the city, they are an absolute crowd-puller and must not be missing in any travel guide today.
With the completion of the “Tren Maya”, the most important infrastructure project in the south of Mexico, which is already under construction, Izamal and with it the location of the hacienda hotel is gaining immense importance. The course of the railroad line, which in the future will connect many great historical cities, cities, and tourist hotspots of the Yucatan Peninsula, leads directly through Izamal. But that’s not all, the yellow city gets its own architecturally appealing train station. While Izamal, together with Chichen Itzá and Uxmal, is already one of the absolute tourist highlights of Yucatan, the opening of the train station is expected to result in a further sharp increase in visitors numbers and the number of overnight stays in the area.
DISTANCES FROM THE PROPERTY TO
- Izamal Center｜950 m (0.6 mi)
- Motul de Carrillo Puerto｜40 km (24.9 mi)
- Dzilam de Bravo (Beach)｜56 km (35 mi)
- Mérida Center｜70 km (43.5 mi)
- Airport Mérida｜86 km (53.4 mi)
- Archaeological Site Chichen Itza｜69 km (42.9 mi)
- Airport Cancun｜260 km (162 mi)
Thank you for your interest in our listing! If you have any further questions or would like to make an appointment to view this property, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Telefon/WhatsApp: +52 (999) 381 6286
VOIP weltweit: +49 (30) 6293 8046
Telefon/WhatsApp: +52 (999) 242 7749
DISCLAIMER: The information which appears with each listing is provided by the owner. Yucatan Property Scouts makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information but cannot be responsible for omissions or errors. Prices and exchange rates are subject to change.