For Sale｜369,000 USD｜7,350,480 MXN
current exchange rate: 1 USD = 19.920 MXN
Mérida, Yucatán｜Centro｜Historical Center
Rooms 4｜ Bathrooms 3
Property｜441 m2 (4,747 ft2)
Width x Length｜6.4 m x 63.60 m
Construction｜295 m2 (3,175 ft2)
In an increasingly strained market for well-restored colonial homes that kept their original charm in a prime location within the Mérida’s historic center, this estate simply stands out from the rest.
It features the following five great main characteristics and apart from that many more:
• Prime location
• Well restored colonial part with original charm
• Well-built modern living area with guest house
• Gorgeous garden with big pool
• Complete technical equipment with all modern amenities
The wonderful remodeled old big colonial building comes with an elegant façade, the typical high coffered ceilings, original pasta tiled floors as well as likewise original wooden doors and windows. Within its current layout it provides two big rooms in front, a corridor, two half bathrooms as well as a fully equipped kitchen plus two further big rooms in the back. The layout is partially very easy adjustable since some walls are built in lightweight construction only. Even the beautiful continuously laid pasta tiles underneath these walls are preserved.
A big fine crafted glass steel door grants access from the colonial part of the estate to the picturesque garden with its great variety of fruit trees and well-arranged tropical plants. Enjoy the colors and quietness of this marvelous place at daytime and let yourself be enchanted by the transformation through numerous lights and spotlights into an oasis of piece at nighttime. The illuminated L-shaped Chukum pool is the perfect place to relax and cool down, especially during Mérida’s tropical summer days and nights.
The casita or guest house next to the pool, hosts a big bedroom with walk-in-closet and a likewise big bathroom. It is ideal to host family and friends and because it is completely separated from the main house it is even suitable for subletting.
In the back of the property, the modern main house, in the shade of tall fruit trees, provides upstairs a spacious master bedroom with a walk-in-closet and a big bathroom. This bedroom grants access to a balcony from where you can oversea the whole property. Downstairs you are going to find a likewise spacious combined living and dining room with an adjoined open kitchen as well as a half bathroom and a laundry area.
The overall condition of the whole estate is without a doubt excellent! The current owners payed great attention even to the smallest details during its construction and they also took great care of it afterwards. The remodeling of the colonial part was done professionally under the supervision of a known architect. The perfect electrical installation is therefore only one great example out of many.
The whole property is powered by eight 415W solar panels in combination with a Schneider 5.5kw inverter. A battery backup is available as well as the possibility to monitor the whole electric installation via your personal computer. High speed internet via TELMEX fiber optic is likewise available as many other amenities specified in the following FACTS section.
The colonial part of the estate hosts currently the popular restaurant “Ave del Paraíso”, one of Mérida’s best and most demanded restaurants according to tripadvisor. Feel free to click on the picture and have a look:
If you are thinking of opening or taking over a restaurant, please be advised, that the restaurant with all kitchen, office and dining equipment, is for sale as well. So is the permit to sell food and beverages! For further information please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
This part of Mérida’s historical center is by far one of the best and therefore most demanded, colorful and well restored neighborhoods. All major tourist attractions, lots of fine restaurants and famous parks like Parque Santiago or Parque Santa Lucia as well as Plaza Grande with the main cathedral are within walking distance. So is the meanwhile famous Mérida English Library (MEL), a popular meeting place for many English-speaking visitors and residents.
Just have a look at the following table with the walking distance to some of Mérida’s main attractions within the historical center:
• Property to Mérida English Library (MEL): 170 meter / 2 minutes
• Property to Park Santa Lucía: 600 meter / 8 minutes
• Property to Park Santa Ana: 650 meter / 9 minutes
• Property to Park Santiago: 700 meter / 9 minutes
• Property to Theater José Peón Contreras: 800 meter / 10 minutes
• Property to Paseo Montejo (monument): 850 meter / 11 minutes
• Property to Park Plaza Grande: 950 meter / 12 minutes
• PRIME LOCATION
• SUPERBLY RESTORED COLONIAL PART WITH ORIGINAL CHARM
• WELL-BUILT MODERN LIVING AREA WITH GUEST HOUSE
• GORGEOUS GARDEN WITH BIG POOL
• COMPLETE TECHNICAL EQUIPMENT WITH ALL MODERN AMENITIES
• Elegant colonial style facade
• High coffered ceilings
• Original pasta tiled floors
• Original wooden doors and windows
• 4 big rooms
• 2 half bathrooms
GARDEN AND MODERN AREA
• Guest house (casita) with walk-in-closet and bathroom
• Main house with:
• Master bedroom with walk-in-closet, bathroom and balcony
• Spacious combined dining and living room
• Equipped kitchen
• Half bathroom
• Laundry and Service area
• Garden with tall fruit trees (citron, lemon, mandarin, coconut, sapodilla, mango, sour orange and rosemary) and well-arranged tropical plants
• Big L-shaped filtered pool with Chukum finish
• SKY satellite tv
• Alarm System
• Ceiling fans
• Separate electric meters for the colonial area and the private area
• 8 Solar panels a 415W｜Schneider Inverter (5.5kw)｜Monitoring via PC
• Solar water heater + electric water heater
• Water softener
• Pressurized water system
• Washing machine
• 2 1,000-liter cisterns
• 300-liter stationary gas tank
• High speed Internet via TELMEX Fiber Optic
• Up to date toilet paper friendly plumbing system
• 2 septic tanks
• Fully fenced
• Complete restaurant equipment
• Office equipment
• Food and beverage license
Please do not hesitate to ask for our detailed inventory list!
Thank you for your interest in our listing! If you have further questions or in case you would like to arrange an appointment to see this property, please do not hesitate to contact us directly or use the contact form after the picture selection.
Gina Velazquez (Spanish/English)
Phone: +52 (999) 357 4032
René Jeremias (German/English)
Phone: +52 (999) 381 6286
Further pictures are available on demand.
DISCLAIMER: The information which appears with each listing is provided by the owner. Yucatan Property Scouts makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information but cannot be responsible for omissions or errors. Prices and exchange rates are subject to change.